Kid-friendly yarn Easter eggs are sure to brighten your spring decor.
- Water balloons
- Craft glue
- Disposable bowl
- Blow up water balloon.
- Cut three pieces of yarn, 8-10 feet each.
- In a disposable bowl, mix 2 parts glue to 1 part water. (About 4 oz. of glue will make six eggs.)
- Dip one strand of yarn into the glue mix, covering it completely. Pull yarn out, and squeeze off excess glue.
- Wrap yarn around the water balloon in any pattern you like. (The more times the yarn intersects, the stronger the egg will be.)
- Repeat the dipping and wrapping process with the other two strands of yarn.
- Dry yarn-wrapped balloon on newspaper for 24 hours, turning the balloon three to four times during drying period.
- When yarn is completely dry, grasp the balloons knot, and poke a small hole in the balloon. After the balloon deflates, pull it out through one of the holes in the wrapped yarn.
Yarn Easter Eggs Craft c/o Country Woman’s featured blogger Adrianne Surian of Happy Hour Projects.
To read more about Adrianne and her blog, check out our blog and crafter spotlight.
Photos by Adrianne Surian.