Craft these easy washcloth animals as a cute and simple gift.
- Rubber band
- 8-in. length of 1/8-in. ribbon
- Scrap of yellow felt for chick’s beak
- 5/8-in. pink pompom for bunny nose
- Permanent glue dots
- Egg, plastic or hard-cooked
- To create your washcloth animal, first cut off washcloth tag. Lay washcloth flat. Beginning at one corner, roll cloth to center. Repeat from opposite corner, creating a long strip of two rolls.
- Fold this strip in half, rolls facing inward.
- Fold 2-3 inches of ends backward toward center roll, creating ears of your washcloth animal. Wrap rubber fan around folded hump to secure ears and create rounded shape for the head.
- Fold 2-3 inches of ends down to opposite sides, creating wings of washcloth animal. Wrap rubber band around folded hump to secure wings and create rounded shape for head.
- Wrap ribbon around neck, covering rubber band, and tie in a bow.
- Use glue dot to attach pompom nose.
- Cut a small triangle from felt; attach with glue dot for beak.
- Insert egg into opening at the back to finish your washcloth animal.