Delicious and decorative, this fun flock of Turkey Treats makes a great edible favor.
- 6 Fruit by the Foot fruit rolls
- 6 circus peanut candies
- 1 cup butterscotch chips, divided
- 24 candy eyeballs
- 6 chocolate-covered thin mints
- 12 large sourdough pretzels
- 36 milk chocolate kisses
- 12 vanilla wafers
- 12 yellow milk chocolate M&M's
- Cut feathers and wattles from fruit rolls, stacking two or three pieces of fruit rolls before cutting to save time. Cut three circus peanuts in half widthwise. Cut 12 feet from remaining circus peanuts. Set aside.
- Set aside 12 butterscotch chips for beaks. In a microwave, melt 1/2 cup chips; stir until smooth. Using melted chips, attach two candy eyeballs, a beak and a wattle to each circus peanut half. Repeat, using thin mints for heads.
- Place a pretzel on a waxed paper-lined microwave-safe plate. Place a chocolate kiss in each of the three holes. Microwave on high for 15-20 seconds or until melted. While still warm, arrange feathers in a fan shape over pretzel, pressing gently into melted chocolate to adhere. Repeat with remaining pretzels and kisses.
- Melt remaining butterscotch chips. Using melted chips, attach a vanilla wafer to each pretzel for body; attach heads. Attach M&M’s and circus peanut pieces as desired for feet. Yield: 1 dozen.
Turkey Treats Photo by Dan Roberts, Country Woman Magazine.