St. Patrick’s Day Centerpiece
Craft this St. Patrick's Day centerpiece with gorgeous stalks of Bells of Ireland.
St. Patrick's Day Centerpiece: Bells of Ireland
- Bells of Ireland stalks
- Floral Preservative
- Sharp Knife
- Under cold running water, trim 1/2 inch from the base of each Bells of Ireland stem with a sharp knife.
- Place stems in your St. Patrick’s Day centerpiece vase with floral preservative. You can purchase plant food or make your own by adding 2 teaspoons bleach, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon white sugar to a quart of cold water.
- Replace the water in the St. Patrick’s Day centerpiece vase every 3 days with more floral preservative.
- Enjoy the striking, tall stalks well into winter by drying them when they are at their peak.
- To dry, tie the stems together and hang upside-down in a cool, dark, well-ventilated location. The colorful green bells become pretty pale beige.