Use colorful fabric scraps to craft these bright blossoms for spring.
- Fabric scraps in coordinating colors for the petals (shown are sets of purple, yellow, peach and blue)
- Fabric scraps in three shades of green for the stems and leaves
- Fabric scraps in shades of dark yellow for the beards
- Paper-backed fusible web
- 6-strand embroidery floss in coordinating colors
- Embroidery needle Fabric seam sealant (such as Fray Check)
- Download and print Craft Pattern
- Pre-wash all fabric to remove sizing. Dry and press.
- With a pencil, trace around each of the following pattern pieces in reverse on the paper side of fusible web: flower petals (Patterns 2-7), beards (Patterns 8-10), stems (Pattern 1) and leaves (Pat- terns 11 and 12). Label each with the coordinating pattern number for reference.
- Cut out each fusible web pattern piece, leaving approximately 1/4 in. extra space around the drawn edge.
- Following the manufacturer’s instructions, attach fusible web to the wrong side of fabric scraps and let cool. Coordinate colors appropriately for each flower. Use the photo as a guide.
- Cut out all pattern pieces on the lines. Remove paper backing and arrange in numerical order on backing fabric of your choice. When satisfied with placement, fuse in place and let cool.
- Apply sealant to all fabric edges; let dry.
- Using 2 strands of coordinating embroidery floss, blanket stitch around edges of the appliquéd pieces. Refer to the photo as a guide.
Craft originally sent in by Elizabeth Caperton, West Sacramento, California,