Sew this quick & easy Sock Bunny Sewing Craft project for Easter or Spring.
- One coffee or tea-dyed men’s white tube sock
- 4-inch x 4-inch piece of fabric for apron
- 1-1/4-inch x 18-inch piece of fabric for bow
- Approximately 3 cups of plastic doll pellets
- String or heavy thread
- Black six-strand embroidery floss
- Embroidery needle
- Two 4mm black beads for eyes
- 1/2-inch black pom-pom for nose
- 1-inch tan pom-pom for tail
- Craft glue
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Powdered cosmetic blush
- Cotton swab
- Two 12-inch lengths of craft wire for shaping ears
- Several sprigs of artificial flowers
- Natural raffia
- Miniature rusty garden rake (optional)
- Standard sewing supplies
- Download and print Sock Bunny Sewing Craft Layout
- Cut across top of sock just below the ribbing. Save ribbing for sock bunny’s arms.
- Cut out a V-shaped piece from the top of the sock as shown in Fig. 1 at right to make ears. Discard shaded area.
- Pour about 1-1/2 cups of plastic doll pellets into sock for bunny’s body. Wrap string around sock above pellets and knot securely. Clip ends of string close to knot.
- Pour about 1-1/4 cups of pellets into sock for bunny’s head. Wrap string around sock above pellets and tie off as before.
- Fold each length of craft wire in half. Slip a wire piece into each ear as shown in Fig. 2 at right. Glue open edges of each ear together.
- Thread embroidery needle with black floss. Make one long straight stitch down center of bunny’s face as shown in photo.
- Glue pom-pom above black stitching for nose and two black beads above pom-pom for eyes.
- Cut a 6-inch length of black floss. Separate the strands glue three strands below nose for whiskers. Apply craft glue to the strands to stiffen and let dry.
- Cut two arms from ribbing piece as shown in Fig. 3 at right. Glue cut edges together, leaving top open as shown in Fig. 4 at right. Let dry.
- Fill each arm with pellets. Glue top closed. Let dry.
- Glue an arm to opposite sides of bunny.
- Wrap raffia around stems of flowers and knot to hold.
- Glue flowers to one arm and rake to other arm if desired.
- Place fabric for apron on front of bunny as shown in photo.
- Wrap fabric for bow around bunny’s neck and over top of apron. Tie ends in a bow and trim ends as desired.
- Use cotton swab to apply cosmetic blush to inside of each ear and to bunny’s cheeks.
- Shape the sock bunny’s ears as shown in photo.
- Glue tan pom-pom to center back of bunny for tail.
Finished Size: Sock Bunny Sewing Craft measures about 6 inches across x 6-1/2 inches high.
Sock Bunny Sewing Craft originally sent in by Charemon Anderson, South Beloit, Illinois