Craft these Ribbon Rosettes to create hair accessories, scrapbooking projects or in home decor.
- Lots of Ribbon
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue
- Small piece of matching fabric
- Pick a ribbon color and size you love*. Pretty much any size will work.
- Next cut a strip somewhere between 15 inches and 20 inches long. Then tie a knot on one end.
- Hold the knot in one hand and start twisting the ribbon with the other hand.
- Next, while keeping the ribbon twisted, add a little bit of hot glue to the side of the knot, then wrap the twisted ribbon over and secure it to the dab of glue. Repeat those steps until your rosette is the size you prefer.
- When you are done twisting and gluing, you just need to take the last part of your ribbon and add some glue to the back of the rosette and glue the end piece down.
- Next you can adhere a small piece of fabric onto the back, this will cover the glue and give you something to attach a clip too.
Note: Amy prefers half inch satin over grosgrain ribbon to create her ribbon rosettes.
Ribbon Rosettes Craft Tutorial c/o Country Woman’s featured blogger Amy Williams of ThenSheMade.com.
To read more about Amy and her blog, check out our blog and craft spotlight.