Simple quilled bird design brightens a handmade card or invitation.
Quilled Bird Handmade Card
- Card stock
- Magazine cover
- Ruler with metal edge
- Craft knife and cutting mat
- Craft glue
- Cut and fold card stock to make card.
- Lightly draw bird design on front of card.
- Cut magazine cover into 1/4-in.-wide strips.
- Tightly roll paper strips around smooth round pencil to coil. Slide coils off pencil, leaving coils intact.
- Shape and trim coiled paper strips to fit sketch on card.
- Use toothpick to carefully apply small dots of craft glue along one edge of a coiled paper strip and place coil along sketched line. Let dry. Repeat to complete design.
Quilled Bird Handmade Card Craft project designed by Kristin Cleveland. Quilled Bird Card Craft photo by Adam Albright.