Craft this adorable Photo Jewelry as a holiday gift for family, friends or yourself.
- Scissors or paper trimmer
- Image (photo or other)
- Laminate or clear packing tape
- Sticker maker or scrapbook adhesive
- Bezel pendant blank with chain, or bracelet blank*
- UV curing resin (we used Magic-Glos)
- Lighter or matches
- UV lamp or direct sunlight (we used a fluorescent black light in a desk lamp)
- Cut image to fit inside pendant or bracelet blank. For bracelet, cut all pieces needed to fill entire length.
- Use laminate or clear packing tape to cover image. Trim to cutout edges. This protects the colors in the image from the liquid resin.
- Affix image in the blank with a sticker maker or a dab of scrapbook adhesive. Do not use liquid or tacky glue, which may not dry completely under the resin. Press firmly into place.
- Following the manufacturer’s instructions, fill indented bezel area on top of image with liquid resin, spreading evenly with toothpick. If bubbles form, wave a lighted match or lighter over them.
- Harden the resin by placing it in direct sunlight or under a UV lamp for 20 to 60 minutes, following manufacturer’s suggestions for time. Don’t touch to see if resin is dry; your fingerprints will mar it.
- Once resin has hardened, put the pendant on a chain.
*Find blanks for bezel pendants and bracelets in craft stores or online.