The perfect finishing touch— this craft idea creates sewn custom tags for your homemade clothing.
- Solid colored fabric scraps
- Standard sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Acrylic paint with textile medium or fabric paint
- Choice of small stamp
- Foam brush
- Cut several long strips of fabric. Serge or zigzag stitch along each side.
- Cut the sewn fabric strips into 3- to 4-in. segments. Fold in half and iron in place forming a tag.
- Using an acrylic paint with textile medium or fabric paint and foam brush, apply a thin layer of paint to stamp surface. Press stamp design onto fabric tag. Let paint dry for at least a day. Then apply heat with an iron to set.
- Sew tag base into clothing.
Personalized Clothing Labels craft idea c/o Country Woman’s featured blogger Delia of Delia Creates.
To read more about Delia’s craft ideas and her blog, check out our blog and craft spotlight.