Paper craft decorative paper scraps to make a holder for gift cards or small treats.
- Scrapbook papers (scraps are fine)
- Glue dots
- Sewing machine
- Contrasting thread
- Glue stick
- Scissors with decorative edge
- (optional) Embellishments such as stickers, buttons, brads or ribbons
- Download paper stocking pattern for paper craft.
- Trace stocking base pattern onto white card stock and cut out. You’ll sew around the card stock cutout as a template to avoid visible pencil marks on the finished stocking.
- Cut two 6-in. or larger squares from scrapbook paper; place back to back. Loosely join, using a few removable glue dots around the edges.
- Center stocking base template on layered scrapbook papers and affix with a few removable glue dots.
- With your machine set to straight stitch, sew around template’s outer edge, taking care not to catch template in stitching, and leaving top of stocking open for treats. Note: Use an older needle or designated needle to stitch paper— paper can dull a needle quickly and making it unsuitable for fabric sewing.
- Remove template; trim around straight stitch with decorative scissors, leaving a 1/4-in. edge.
- Using paper craft pattern, cut heel and toe from paper scraps. Cut a 3-3/4-in. x 1-in. rectangle for cuff. Use glue stick to adhere to stocking as in photo. Embellish and fill stocking as desired.
Paper Stockings Gift Tags Photo by Country Woman Magazine