Dress up your tabletop with these DIY paper roses.
- Pattern (Below)
- Tissue paper in colors of choice
(three shades of turquoise shown)
- Green card stock for leaves and backing
- 2-in.-diameter paper punch for backing
- 1/8-in. round paper punch
- Small silver brad
- Craft knife
- Download and print Craft Pattern
- Cut three 3-in. circles from tissue paper, one per color.
- Fold each circle in half, then fold in half three more times as shown in Figure 1.
- Cut a curve along the outer edge of one folded circle. Repeat with the other two circles, but make the curve about 1/4 in. from the edge on one and about 1/2 in. from the edge on the next. Open each, then layer, with the largest on the bottom and the smallest on top; see Figures 2 and 3.
- Use 1/8-in. punch to make a hole in the center of the layered papers, as shown in Figure 3.
- Cut two leaves from card stock. Punch a hole in the end of each, as shown in Figure 4.
- Cut a 2-in. circle from card stock (or use round paper punch). Punch hole in center. Use craft knife to cut two 1/2-in. slits about 1/2 in. apart in the backing where shown in Figure 4.
- Layer the backing circle, leaves and three pieces of tissue paper. Insert brad through the center from front to back and open it to hold the layers in place. Insert straw through slits in backing, as in Figures 4 and 5.
Finished Size: Large flower measures about 3-1/2 in. across and small one about 2 in. Flowers can be made any size.