Surprise someone special with this simple, kid-friendly recycled mason jar craft.
- Mason jar with a lid (outer metal ring)
- 18-24 in. of pretty ribbon
- Assortment of fresh flowers, branches or herbs
- Sharp knife or pruning shears
- Make a ribbon handle so you can hang your basket. Remove inner metal disk from the jar lid. Loop ribbon through the outer metal ring, letting the ends dangle over sides of the jar, as shown in second photo above. Screw the lid on tightly to secure. Trim ribbon ends as desired, but not too short.
- Partially fill jar with water. Cut the stems to fit, using knife or shears, and arrange in jar.
- Deliver! Hang jar on doorknob. Ring the bell and then hide nearby to see the recipient’s surprise and delight.
May Basket Mason Jar Craft Photography by Country Woman Magazine.