Create instant ambiance in a jar with this Mason Jar Votive Holders Craft.
- Medium-to-large mason jar without lid
- Flexible tape measure
- 12-gauge aluminum floral wire
- Wire cutters
- Loose sand or aquarium gravel
- Small scented pillar candle
- With tape measure, determine the circumference of jar opening. Cut a length of wire 1 in. larger than that.
- Wrap cut wire around base of jar opening to form a circle. Twist wire ends tightly together once; push ends against jar to secure in place.
- Cut an 18-in. length of wire for handle. Insert about 1 in. of an end under the circular wire at base of jar opening. Push short end of wire upward and wrap a few times around long piece of wire to secure in place. Repeat with other end of wire on opposite side to complete handle.
- Pour a small amount of loose sand or aquarium gravel into bottom of jar. Place candle in jar and press until firmly in place.
CRAFTER’S SAFETY NOTES:
Use only jars intended for canning, which can withstand the heat; the glass will get hot. Hang lighted lanterns away from flammable material and place only on heat-proof surfaces. Flameless, battery-operated candles will work well too.