Craft this Knit Hat Pattern as gift or to keep warm in the winter.
- 4-ply worsted-weight acrylic yarn
- 16-in. size 7 (4.5 mm) circular knitting needle
- Set of 4 double-pointed size 7 (4.5 mm) knitting needles
- Yarn or tapestry needle
- Row marker
- Measuring tape
HELPFUL ABBREVIATION GUIDE
K = Knit
P = Purl
Sts = Stitch(es)
Tog = Together
[ ] = Instructions between brackets are repeated as directed.
Leaving a tail of yarn, cast on 96 sts on circular needle; making sure work is not twisted, join to work in rounds. Place marker at beginning of round.
- Rounds 1-24: [K 1, p 1] around: 96 sts.
- Rounds 1-28: K around: 96 sts.
- Round 1: [K 6, k2tog] around: 84 sts.
- Round 2: K around: 84 sts.
- Round 3: [K 5, k2tog] around: 72 sts.
- Round 4: K around: 72 sts.
- Round 5: [K 4, k2tog] around: 60 sts.
- Round 6: K around: 60 sts.
- Round 7: [K 3, k2tog] around: 48 sts.
- Round 8: K around: 48 sts.
- Round 9: Change to double-pointed needles, [k 2, k2tog] around: 36 sts.
- Round 10: K around: 36 sts.
- Round 11: [K 1, k2tog] around: 24 sts.
- Round 12: K around: 24 sts.
- Row 13: K2tog around. Fasten off, leaving a 15-in. tail of yarn. Thread yarn or tapestry needle with tail yarn and insert needle through all sts, removing them from the knitting needles. Pull tight and thread needle through sts again. Fasten off on the inside.
Knit Hat Pattern originally sent in by Nell Gron of Marengo, IL