Craft a colorful, sewn lanyard to hold keys or badges; a perfect homemade gift for teachers and friends.
- Small amount of leftover fabric or ribbon
- A lanyard (about a yard)
- Glue gun
- Key ring
- Fray block (optional)
- When making a lanyard, first create the fabric flowers for your lanyard. Use your hot glue gun to hold the fabric together while shaping your flower.
- Next, cut two thin strips of fabric which will make your lanyard. The size will depend on the lanyard you get.
- Iron your fabric as you go so it’s easier to work with.
- Sew the fabric to the plain lanyard.
- Choose where to place the flowers and hot glue them to the lanyard.
- To create a pen pocket on the lanyard, choose enough fabric to fit the pen in and choose where you want it on the lanyard. Then cut and iron the fabric, before sewing to your lanyard.
- To finish, sew the ends of the lanyard together and make a loop where the key ring should be on one end.
Lanyard Craft Tutorial c/o Country Woman’s featured blogger Desiree of The 36th Avenue.
To read more about Desiree and her blog, check out our blog and craft spotlight.