Follow this easy DIY guide to dye doilies for your paper crafts.
- White paper doilies
- Food coloring or liquid watercolor paints
- Bowl or baking dish
- Paper towels
- Rubber gloves
- Fill bowl or pan with just enough water to cover the doilies and add a large amount of dye. The dye should be very concentrated.
- Submerge doily for 10 to 15 seconds, or longer if you like, for even deeper tinting.
- Wearing rubber gloves to protect your fingers from staining, gently remove and place the doilies on a paper towel to dry. Be careful—wet doilies are fragile and tear easily.
- Immediately blot dry with another paper towel, very gently. Set aside to dry—on a table under a ceiling fan is ideal.
Craft originally sent in by Molly de Aguiar of Highland Park, NJ