Pretty and sweet-smelling, this handmade soap will dazzle your senses.
- 2 lbs. clear glycerin soap
- 20-30 drops lavender essential oil or choice of essential oil (optional)
- 3 drops liquid soap dye in purple or choice of color (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. dried lavender buds (optional)
- Choice of plastic soap mold
Following manufacturer’s instructions, melt clear glycerin soap in a bowl in the microwave. Add fragrance and soap dye; stir thoroughly. For plain soap bars: Fill each mold to about 1/8 in. from the top edge. For bars with lavender buds: Fill each mold about 2/3 full. Let set until firm (about 30 minutes), then add a thin layer of dried lavender buds and cover to about 1/8 in. from the top edge with melted glycerin. Let soaps dry until completely firm. Remove from molds. If desired, wrap bars in clear cellophane and tie closed with ribbon.
YIELD: About eight 4-oz. bars
STORE: Away from moisture
Print free labels.
For more information on working with essential oils and other natural bath and body ingredients, including safety tips, check out this handy guide.
Homemade Scented Glycerin Soap photography by Country Woman.