Follow these simple instructions to craft a handmade card or party invitation with a three-dimensional butterfly.
Handmade 3-D Butterfly Card
- Card stock
- Two contrasting colors of solid scrapbooking paper
- Craft knife
- Cutting mat
- Craft glue
- Cut and fold card stock for handmade card.
- Cut a piece of blue and red scrapbook paper to fit front of card.
- Draw a butterfly design onto back of red scrapbook paper.
- Use a craft knife to carefully cut along outline of butterfly, leaving some of the design areas uncut and still attached to the paper. Cut some thicker lines inside the design to allow the blue paper underneath to show through.
- With edges matching, glue the red scrapbook paper right side up to the blue scrapbook paper, being careful not to glue the butterfly wings down.
- Glue butterfly to the front of the card. Trim excess flush with card.
- Carefully roll the wings around a pencil so they lift off the card.
Handmade 3-D Butterfly Card designed by Kristin Cleveland. Handmade 3-D Butterfly Card photo by Adam Albright.