Showcase your favorite ghosts and goblins in a spooktacular frame in classic Halloween colors.
- Black acrylic craft paint
- Mod Podge Hard Coat
- 12-in. square wood frame with 5- x 7-in. opening
- 12-in. square Halloween themed scrapbook paper
- 2-1/2-ft. length of green ribbon
- 2-1/2-ft. length of orange ribbon (slightly thinner than green ribbon)
- Small wood bat
- 1-in. wood circle
- Black glitter
- 1-in. flat paintbrush
- Craft glue
- Craft knife and cutting mat
- Black permanent marker or pencil
- Brayer (optional)
- Mini screwdriver
- 5- x 7-in. photo of choice
- Remove frame hardware. Lay scrapbook paper face down. Put frame centered on top of paper. Using marker or pencil, trace frame opening onto paper. Use craft knife and cutting mat to cut opening out carefully and set paper aside. Keep the cutout piece.
- Using black acrylic paint and the flat paintbrush, basecoat the entire back and edges of frame. Paint stand, wood circle, and bat. Apply as many coats as needed for complete coverage letting dry between coats.
- Cover the front of the frame with a medium layer of Mod Podge. Make sure to coat the corners well so the paper will stick.
- Aligning the frame opening with the paper cutout opening, place the paper on the frame. Carefully smooth out the paper. If desired use a brayer. The Mod Podge may come out around the edges. If it does, wipe it away with your brush. Once all of the wrinkles are worked out and the paper is smooth, let dry for 15 – 20 minutes. Mod Podge the entire frame front and back with two coats and let dry.
- Using the scrap cutout paper, cut a small circle or other embellishment shape from the paper to place on the 1-in. wood circle.
- Put a thin coat of Mod Podge on the bat and wood circle. Liberally sprinkle glitter on top of each. Shake off excess glitter and let dry.
- Once frame dries completely, lay out orange and green ribbon pieces on the frame as seen in photo. Put thinner orange ribbon on top of green ribbon. Cut ribbon to fit frame width and height overlapping around edges. Use craft glue to adhere green ribbon strips to frame first. Let dry for a few minutes. Then adhere orange ribbon strips centered on top of green strips. Let dry completely.
- Once ribbons dry in place, glue glittered wood circle with paper cutout and glittered wood bat in place. See photo for placement. Let dry for a few hours. Then replace the hardware and insert photo of choice.
Halloween Photo Frame Decoupage Craft c/o Country Woman’s featured blogger Amy Anderson of Mod Podge Rocks.
To read more about Amy and her blog, check out our blog and craft spotlight.
Photos by Amy Anderson