This fun kids craft provides the perfect place for bug-loving kids to safely study their insect friends.
- Colorful felt, foam or paper scraps
- Glue, glue dots or double-sided tape
- Clean, dry plastic or glass jars (plastic peanut butter jars are safest for young children)
- Ribbon and trim as desired
- Wiggle eyes (optional)
- Decorate lid, using shapes cut from felt, foam or paper scraps and affixed with glue, glue dots or double-sided tape as shown. (Or download and print our colorful custom bug design lid art).
- For ventilation, have an adult hammer small air holes in the lid with a sharp nail.
- For grass, cut long strips of felt, foam or paper to fit around jar. Glue or tape in place, pressing firmly. Let dry.
- You’re set! Add a few leaves and twigs, then catch some ladybugs, fireflies or grasshoppers to observe. Be sure to let them go when you’re done.
Fun Kids Craft: Bug Jars was inspired by planetpals.com. Photography by Country Woman.