Pamper your skin with this easy, yummy-smelling DIY salt scrub for your body.
- 1/2 cup coarse sea salt
- 1/4 cup baby oil
- 1/2 tsp. almond or vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, stir the sea salt and oil together until the oil thoroughly coats the salt. Add the extract and stir it in completely.
- Hop in the shower. When skin is thoroughly wet, apply with your hands, a washcloth, or a puff scrubber. Massage in and be sure to rinse off thoroughly.
Be good to yourself and the environment by taking a Navy shower (it was developed on ships, where fresh water is at a premium). This simple technique can cut the amount of water you use for a shower by up to 80 percent!
- Turn on the shower.
- Wet your body and hair.
- Turn the water off.
- Soap up your body, then shampoo your hair. (Save the shampoo for last so it doesn’t get in your eyes.)
- Turn the water back on and rinse off.
DIY Salt Scrub Photography by Lori Foy.