This DIY craft turns old jeans into beads for a colorful necklace, bracelet, key chain or earrings.
- Acrylic craft paint-green, orange, yellow, light blue, lavender and pink
- Fabric or textile medium (Amanda used Craft Smart brand paint and fabric medium.)
- 6- x 8-in. piece denim
- Flat paintbrush
- Low temperature hot glue gun with glue sticks
- Wash, dry and iron denim piece if needed. Then cut into six 1- x 8-in. strips.
- Mix the fabric or textile medium with each paint color according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Use paintbrush to coat each strip with a different paint color.
- Turn the strips over and paint the other side.
- When dry, cut each strip into thirds. You should end up with 18 thin strips all together. Now cut each of those strips in half. You will have 36 strips measuring approximately 1/3- x 4-in. each.
- Wrap the denim around a toothpick. Hot glue in segments as you go. Glue the end in place. Slide newly made denim bead off the toothpick. Repeat for all strips.
DIY Recycled Denim Beads Craft c/o Country Woman’s featured blogger Amanda of Crafts by Amanda.
To read more about Amanda and her blog, check out our blog and craft spotlight.