Craft DIY Easter decorations like these to accent your home. This crafted Easter centerpiece is eggs-actly what you need to celebrate spring.
- Raw Eggs
- Rubber bands
- Food Coloring
- Art board
- Bulb syringe or drinking straw
- Ribbon, 3/16 in. wide
- Fine wire, 6 in. long
- Painted branches or bamboo
- Wrap rubber bands around raw eggs. Mix 20 drops food coloring, 3 cups water and 2 tablespoons vinegar. Add the eggs and leave for 10 minutes. Push pins into an art board, 1/2-in. apart, to create a grid for drying. Remove eggs and leave to dry.
- Remove rubber bands. Use a pin to make a hole in the base of an egg, then perforate around it to extend the hole to 1/8-in. wide. Make a hole in the top the same width as the tip of a bulb syringe. Insert the syringe tip and squeeze the bulb, forcing the egg into a bowl. You can also use a straw to blow out the contents of the egg in a similar manner.
- Cut 12-in. lengths of 3/16-in.-wide ribbon and knot one end of each. Bend the end of a 6-in. piece of fine wire into a loop, thread ribbon through and feed the wire and ribbon through the egg, using the knot as a stopper. Tie onto painted branches or bamboo.
DIY Easter Egg Tree Craft Design by Gema Beneitez. Easter craft photography by Sue Ferris.