This gleaming candy garland of DIY Christmas Lights is guaranteed to make your holiday bright.
DIY Christmas Lights
- Twenty-four 1-oz. plastic portion cups, with lids
- Twenty-four 6-in. squares of cellophane
(6 red, 6 green and 12 red-and-green stripe as shown)
- Forty-eight 4-in. lengths of red-and-green wire garland
- 50-light string of white mini lights
- X-Acto or craft knife
- 1/4-in. round hole punch
- Transparent tape
- Remove lid from portion cup. Punch holes in opposite sides of the cup
about 1/4-in. from the top edge. With a craft knife, cut a slit through the
cup edge to hole.
- Starting at one end of the light string, place the second bulb into a cup
and slip the cord into the holes. Replace lid. Repeat with every other bulb.
- With lid side up, place cup in the center of a cellophane square. Wrap
cellophane around it and secure with tape, leaving cord extending.
Wrap a length of garland around open ends close to the cup.
- Repeat on each remaining cup, alternating cellophane colors to create DIY Christmas Lights.
FINISHED SIZE: Garland measures about 2 in. high x 13 ft. long.
DIY Christmas Lights originally sent in by Virginia Cummings of Garden Grove, California.
Photography by Country Woman.