Use this clever decoupage craft idea to turn a plain wood tray into an eye-catching accent for your home!
Decoupaged Wood Tray
- Unfinished wood tray
- Medium-grade sandpaper and cloth
- Flat paintbrush
- Acrylic craft paint
- Solid and patterned card stocks
- Paper trimmer and ruler
- Small sponge brush
- Clear-drying decoupage glue
- Clear polyurethane varnish
- Lightly sand surface, wiping off dust with cloth. Use flat paintbrush to base-coat the tray with acrylic craft paint. Apply as many coats as needed for full coverage, letting dry between coats.
- Cut several strips of solid and patterned card stock in varying heights to fit the tray’s width. Place strips in whatever order you like.
- Use sponge brush to apply decoupage glue to the tray’s interior. Glue down each card stock strip, overlapping edges as you go. Once tray’s interior is covered, let glue dry.
- Apply a coating of decoupage glue, covering the entire surface. Let dry. For a waterproof tray surface, use a clear polyurethane varnish as a final coat.
Decoupage craft idea and photography by Country Woman.