Let everyone know who the Queen of Crafts is with this fun decoupaged wall hanger.
- Choice of two coordinating acrylic craft paints
- Mod Podge Matte
- Choice of wood shape with hanger (or pattern template below)
- Patterned and solid 12-in. square scrapbook paper
- Letters to spell “Queen of Crafts”
- Adhesive rhinestones
- Paper flowers, ribbon and embellishments
- Craft glue
- Craft knife and cutting mat
- Flat paintbrush
- Remove the hook if the wood piece came with it pre-attached. Place your wood shape face down on back of patterned scrapbook paper and trace outline. Use craft knife and cutting mat to cut out paper shape and set aside.
- Use choice of acrylic craft paint and flat paintbrush to basecoat the back and edges of wood shape. Paint hook in a contrasting color. Apply as many coats as needed for complete coverage letting dry between coats.
- Once paint dries, add a medium layer of Mod Podge to front of wood shape. Make sure to add enough so there are no bubbles.
- Aligning the edges of the paper cutout, place paper on front of wood shape. Use a brayer to completely smooth out paper wiping away any Mod Podge that comes out the edges. Let dry for 15 – 20 minutes. Reattach the wood hook. Then coat the entire wood shape with hook two times with Mod Podge. Let dry.
- Use contrasting solid paper to create a rectangular panel for the letters in the middle of the wood shape. The panel can be any size, just make sure it fits the letters. Mod Podge the panel down and let it dry for 15 – 20 minutes. Then Mod Podge over the panel and let dry. If needed, trim the edges with a craft knife.
- Add paper embellishments as desired. Amy Mod Podged paper ribbon down to line the contrasting solid panel and also Mod Podged some shapes down to accent the crown shape. Add “Queen of Crafts” letters last using craft glue to adhere.
- Finish off the plaque by adhering paper flowers and rhinestones. Let plaque dry at least 24 hours before using.
Crafter’s Note: If you would like to make your own wood cutout base, download the template for the crown shape.
Decorative Wall Hook Decoupage Craft c/o Country Woman’s featured blogger Amy Anderson of Mod Podge Rocks.
To read more about Amy and her blog, check out our blog and craft spotlight.
Photos by Amy Anderson