Simple crocheted rosettes and leaves are perfect for any project that needs a quick touch of floral femininity.
- US E, 3.5mm hook
- Small amounts of worsted weight yarn (Tamara used Bernat Cottontots in a variety of pinks)
SPECIAL STITCHES: Refer to crocheting abbreviations below.
- ch(s) chain(s)
- dc(s) double crochet(s)
- hdc(s) half double crochet(s)
- sc(s) single crochet(s)
- * Instructions after * are repeated a given number of times.
- Work 2dc in 4th ch from hook. *Skip 1 ch, 3dc in next ch. Repeat from * to end.
- Break yarn, leaving a 12 inch tail, and finish off. Roll the flower into a spiral, with the first sts in the center and tails on the outside. Use tail to sew across bottom stitches, securing rosette. Leave rest of tail for sewing rosette to project.
- Sc in 2nd ch from hook, hdc in next st, dc in next 3 sts, hdc in last st. Finish off, leaving tail for sewing leaf to project.
CROCHETED ROSETTES APPLIQUE – FINISHED SIZE: Approximately 1-1/2 in. wide with worsted weight yarn.
Crocheted Rosettes Applique c/o Country Woman’s featured blogger Tamara Kelly of Moogly. Photos by Tamara Kelly.
To read more about Tamara and her blog, check out our blog and crafter spotlight.