All eyes will be on what’s under the drinks when you serve guests hot cider or cocoa this holiday season on these colorful crocheted protective coasters.
Crocheted Christmas Coasters
- Size 6 (1.6mm) steel crochet hook
- Size 10 crochet cotton—one ball each green, red and white
- Tapestry needle
GAUGE: Working in pattern, 8 spaces and 9 rows = 2 inches.
BASE: With white or green, ch 38.
- Row 1: Dc in sixth ch from hook, * sk next ch, ch 1, dc in next ch, repeat from * across: 17 spaces formed.
- Row 2: Ch 4, turn, dc in next dc, * ch 1, dc in next dc, repeat from * across, ending with ch 1, dc in fourth ch of beginning ch.
- Row 3: Ch 4, turn, dc in next dc, * ch 1, dc in next dc, repeat from * across, ending with ch 1, dc in third ch of turning ch.
- Rows 4-19: Repeat Row 3. Fasten off at end of Row 19. Weave in ends.
WHITE COASTER: Weave six strands of red crochet cotton together across first and odd-numbered rows, alternating over and under dc stitches. Trim so 2 in. extends out at each end. Weave six strands of green crochet cotton under and over across even rows. Make an overhand knot with strands on each end (over the turning ch and last dc of each row). Trim ends evenly 1 in. from knots.
GREEN COASTER: Weave red crochet cotton across rows, tying knots and trimming as directed for white coaster.
FINISHED SIZE: Coaster (without fringe) is about 4 inches square.
- ch chain
- dc double crochet
- sk skip
Crocheted Christmas Coasters from Deborah Klimchak of Oak Lawn, Illinois