Bring on spring with a beautiful crocheted pillow pattern with tulips.
- 4-ply worsted-weight yarn (Cherie used Red Heart Super Saver yarn)—1 skein each or scraps of White, Petal Pink, Light Mint, Bright Yellow, Light Coral and Raspberry or the colors of your choice
- crochet hook—size H/8 (5mm) or size needed to obtain the correct gauge
- size 16 tapestry needle
- 12-inch-square pillow form
GAUGE: 14 scs and 16 rows = 4 inches. To save time, take time to check gauge.
- Reading charts: Each square on chart represents 1 sc. Each color on chart represents a color of yarn. Read charts from right to left on odd-numbered rows and from left to right on even-numbered rows, beginning with the bottom row.
- Roll a separate ball of yarn for every color change. Do not carry yarn across the back. Drop current color when a new color is used without fastening off so it can be picked up and used on next row.
- Changing colors: In st before color change, pull up a lp as if to sc and drop first color; yo and pull new color through 2 lps on hk to finish the sc.
- Row 1 (RS): With White, ch 46. Sc in second ch from hk and in each remaining ch: count 45 scs.
- Rows 2-52: Ch 1, turn; sc in each sc across row. Fasten off at end of Row 52.
- F-Row 1 (RS): With White, ch 46. Sc in second ch from hk and in each remaining ch, following chart for color changes: count 45 scs.
- F-Rows 2-52: Ch 1, turn; sc in each sc across row, following chart for color changes. Fasten off at end of Row 52. Use tapestry needle to weave in loose ends.
FINISHING: With wrong sides together and White, sl st pillow front to pillow back along three sides. Drop yarn, insert pillow form, pick up yarn and sl st closed. Fasten off. Weave in loose ends.
FINISHED SIZE: Pillow cover is about 13 inches square and fits a 12-inch pillow form.
- ch(s) chain(s)
- dc(s) double crochet(s)
- hdc(s) half double crochet(s)
- hk hook
- sc(s) single crochet(s)
- sk skip or skipped
- sp space
- sl st slip stitch
- tr(s) triple crochet(s)
- beg beginning
- lp(s) loop(s)
- rep repeat
- rnd(s) round(s)
- RS right side
- sl slip
- st(s) stitch(es)
- tog together
- WS wrong side
- yo yarn over
- * or [ ] Instructions after * or between brackets are repeated a given number of times.
- ( ) Instructions in parentheses are all worked in one stitch or space as indicated
Crocheted Bouquet Pillow from Cherie Marie Leck of Charlotte, North Carolina