Crochet this angel afghan for your nursery or as a baby shower gift.
- Pattern PDF
- 14 ounces of sport-weight yarn (Dolores used Bernat Baby Coordinates yarn in Lemon Custard)
- Size I/9 (5.5mm) crochet hook or size needed to obtain correct gauge
- Download and print craft pattern.
Working in sc, 16 sts and 18 rows = 4 inches.
Slight variation in gauge will change the finished size a bit.
- Double Crochet Cluster (dcCL): Yo, insert hk in next st, yo, pull yarn through st, yo, pull yarn through 2 lps on hk, [yo, insert hk in same st, yo, pull yarn through st, yo, pull yarn through 2 lps on hk] three times, yo, pull through all 5 lps on hk.
- Reading chart: Each white square on chart equals 1 sc; each dark square on chart equals one dcCL.
- Follow the chart from bottom to top, reading from right to left on the odd-numbered rows and from left to right on the even-numbered rows.
- Row 1: Ch 76, sc in second ch from hk and in each remaining ch across, turn: 75 scs.
- Rows 2-5: Ch 1, sc in each st across, turn: 75 scs.
- Rows 6-78: Ch 1 at beginning of each row, follow chart across rows as shown, turn at end of each row.
- Rows 79-83: Ch 1, sc in each st across. Do not fasten off or turn.
- Round 1: Sc around, working 3 scs in each corner, 1 sc in ends of each row, 1 sc in each st of beginning ch and 1 sc in sts of Row 83, join with a sl st in first sc of round.
- Round 2: Ch 3 for first dc, dc around, working 3 dcs in center sc of each corner and 4 dcs in each sc around, join with a sl st in third ch of beginning ch-3.
- Round 3: Ch 1, work 1 sc in each dc around, join with a sl st in first sc of round. Fasten off.
- Weave in all loose ends.
Finished Size: Afghan measures about 20 inches wide x 20 inches long.
Craft originally sent in by Dolores Spoonmore of Madison, Indiana.