Blanket your home in holiday hues with this cheerful crocheted coverlet.
- 4-ply worsted-weight yarn—two 8-ounce skeins each of green, red and white (Helle used Red Heart Super Saver yarn in Soft White, Cherry Red and Paddy Green)
- Size F/5 (3.75mm) crochet hook or size needed to obtain correct gauge
- Tapestry needle
GAUGE: Each stitch group is approximately 1 inch long x 3/4 inch high. Slight variations in gauge will not affect this project
- With red, ch 143.
- Row 1: Dc in fourth ch from hk, hdc in next ch, sc in next ch, sl st in next ch (counts as first group); * ch 3, dc in next ch, hdc in next ch, sc in next ch, sl st in next ch (counts as each additional group); repeat from * across to end of ch, turn: 35 groups.
- Row 2: Ch 3, sl st in first ch-3 sp, ch 3, work 3 dcs in same ch-3 sp (counts as first group); * sl st in next ch-3 sp, ch 3, work 3 dcs in same ch-3 sp (counts as each additional group); repeat from * across, working ending repeat in beginning ch-3 sp of previous row, turn: 35 groups.
- Rows 3-4: Repeat Row 2. Fasten off at end of Row 4.
- Rows 5-8: Attach green and repeat Row 2. Fasten off at end of Row 8.
- Rows 9-12: Attach white and repeat Row 2. Fasten off at end of Row 12.
- Rows 13-16: Attach red and repeat Row 2. Fasten off at end of Row 16.
- Repeat Rows 5-16 until you have used each color a total of seven times.
- Use the tapestry needle to weave in all loose ends.
FINISHED SIZE: Afghan is about 32 inches wide x 36 inches long.
- ch(s) chain(s)
- dc(s) double crochet(s)
- hdc(s) half double crochet(s)
- hk hook
- sc(s) single crochet(s)
- sl st slip stitch
- sp(s) space(es)
- * Instructions following asterisk are repeated as instructed.
Cozy Christmas Afghan Helle Hill of Thornton, Colorado