St. Patrick's Day crafts like these are simple and fun to create! Craft a clothespin leprechaun as a gift or to accent your home for spring.
St. Patrick's Day Clothespin Leprechaun
- Two 3-3/4-in. flat clothespins
- Acrylic craft paint: green, dark green and off-white
- Small flat paintbrush
- Four 5 mm wiggle eyes
- Peel-and-stick felt sheets: red, dark green and brown
- Small permanent glue dots
- 1/4-in.-wide gingham premade bow
- Two 5/8-in. shamrock stickers
- Ultrafine-point black permanent marker
Directions (for a set of two, a boy and a girl):
- Paint one clothespin green, the other, dark green. Once they’re dry, paint the round tops off-white.
- Cut two red felt rectangles: 3/8- x 1-3/4-in. for the girl, 3/8- x 1-in. for the boy. Center on top of heads as in photo; affix. Trace outline of each head onto back of felt; cut out shapes and place one on the back of each head, covering paint.
- Cut a 1- x 1-3/4-in. rectangle from dark green felt for the girl’s skirt. Adhere, wrapping around pin slightly below where hair ends. Cut a 1/2- x 1-3/4-in. rectangle from brown felt for the boy’s vest. Adhere, wrapping around pin below head.
- Stick a shamrock on the front of the boy’s vest and the girl’s skirt. With glue dots, add the gingham bow to the girl’s skirt.
- Attach eyes to faces with glue dots; draw a U-shaped nose and mouth with a permanent marker.
St. Patrick’s Day Clothespin Leprechaun Photography by Country Woman.