Paper craft personalized holiday cards for your friends and family with this Christmas card idea.
- FOR ALL VERSIONS:
- Tracing paper, pencil
- Card, 6-1/4 in. x 4-1/2 in.
- Tacky glue
- FOR EMBROIDERED CARD, ADD:
- Embroidery floss—green, brown and yellow
- Embroidery needle
- FOR PAPER OR FABRIC CARDS, ADD:
- Paper or fabric scraps—green, brown and yellow
- Sponge brush
- Brown pen
- Download pattern and stitch illustration. Lightly trace, in pencil, the outline of the pattern, centered on front of the card.
- Using all six strands of green floss and the embroidery needle, backstitch tree outline, leaving unstitched the top of the trunk and base of the star.
- Backstitch the trunk outline, using all six strands of brown, and the star outline, using all six strands of yellow.
- Use tacky glue to adhere buttons to tree. Let dry.
Paper or Fabric Card:
- Download pattern as for embroidered card.
- Lightly trace, in pencil, pattern outline of star onto yellow paper or fabric, trunk onto brown and tree onto green. Cut out each piece.
- With sponge brush and tacky glue, affix tree to card’s center front and then the star and trunk. Let dry.
- For fabric version, use a brown pen to outline the star, trunk and tree.
Christmas card idea photos by Country Woman magazine