These wedding favors aren’t only beautiful, but tasty too.
- Patterns (Below)
- Two candy kisses—with silver, red or red-and-silver striped wrapper
- One hard candy with pink or red wrapper
- 5-inch square of red cellophane or plastic wrap
- 2-inch x 4-inch piece of green metallic tissue paper
- 8-inch length of 16-gauge floral Stem wire
- Green floral tape
- Double-stick tape
Note: These materials make 1 chocolate rose.
- Download and print Craft Pattern 1 and Craft Pattern 2
- Use small piece of double-stick tape to hold the bottoms of two candy kisses together as shown in Craft Pattern 1/Fig. 1.
- Center square of red cellophane or plastic wrap on tip of one candy kiss. Wrap the two candy kisses, covering them to resemble a rosebud. Twist the cellophane or plastic wrap at the tip of the other candy kiss.
- Insert floral wire into twist of cellophane or plastic wrap. Tape twist of cellophane or plastic wrap securely with floral tape. Continue to wrap floral wire for about 2 in.
- Tape one end of paper wrapper of hard candy to floral wire and continue wrapping stem for another 2 in.
- Pleat green metallic tissue paper diagonally to make leaf as shown in Craft Pattern 2/Fig. 2. Tape leaf to wire and continue to wrap remainder of wire with floral tape.
Finished Size: Each candy rose is 10-1/2 inches tall x 2 inches across.
Craft originally sent in by Deb Henderson of Maroa, Illinois.