Knit this easy-to-make cable-knit scarf in time for winter.
- 12 oz. bulky-weight yarn (Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in Grey Marble shown)
- Size 15 knitting needles or size needed to obtain correct gauge
- Cable needle Measuring tape Scissors
HELPFUL ABBREVIATION GUIDE:
WS: wrong side
[ ] Instructions between brackets are repeated as directed
- Download and print Craft Pattern
- Working in seed stitch, 5 sts and 7 rows=2in.
- SS=seedstitch:k1,p1, Row 1: K 1, p 1 Row 2: P the k sts and k the p sts Repeat Row 2.
- c4F = cable 4 sts
- Front: Sl next 2 sts onto cable needle and hold in front of work, k the next 2 sts, then k the 2 sts from the cable needle.
- c4b = cable 4 sts back: Sl next 2 sts onto cable needle and hold in back of work, k the next 2 sts, then k the 2 sts from the cable needle.
- Cast on 18 sts.
- Row1:WS:K1,p1,k2,p10,k2,p1,k1: 18 sts.
- Row2:K1,p1,k1p1,k2,[C4F]twice,p 1,k1,p1,k1:18sts.
- Row4:K1,p1,k1,p1,[C4B]twice,k2,p 1, k 1, p 1, k 1: 18 sts.
- Rows 5-208: Repeat Rows 1-4 fifty-two times. Bind off on WS in pattern of Row 1.
- Cut twenty 24-in. strands of yarn.
- Using 2 strands as one, fold strand in half and pull loop through sts on one narrow end of scarf.
- Thread loose ends through the loop and pull to tighten.
- Repeat 5 times across each narrow end of scarf.
Finished size: Scarf measures about 6-1/2 in. wide x 62 in. long without fringe.
Craft originally sent in by Catherine Perrigo of Bridgeport, New York.