Perfect as a baby shower gift, this cross-stitch pattern is simple to put together.
- Chart (download below)
- 10- by 12-in. piece of white 14-count Aida cloth
- DMC six-strand embroidery floss in colors listed on color key (download below)
- Size 24 tapestry needle
- Frame and mat in preferred color
- Before begging your baby shower cross-stitch pattern, download the pattern and color key.
- Zigzag or overcast edges of fabric to prevent fraying. Fold cloth in half lengthwise, then fold in half crosswise to determine center and mark this point. To find center of chart, draw lines across chart connecting arrows. Begin stitching at this point so design will be centered.
- Separate six-strand floss—use three strands for cross-stitching and number of strands indicated on color key for straight-stitching/backstitching and French knots. See page 67 for stitch illustrations.
- Each square on chart equals one stitch over a set of fabric threads. Use colors indicated on color key to complete cross-stitches and French knots, then straight-stitch and backstitch as indicated on chart. Do not knot floss on back of work. Instead, leave a short tail on back of work and hold in place. Weave tails and ends through several stitches as stitching progresses.
- When all stitching is completed, and only if it’s necessary, wash piece gently in lukewarm water and press right side down on terry towel to dry. Frame as desired.
Finished baby shower cross-stitch pattern is in a 7-1/2- x 9-1/2-inch frame (inside dimensions). Design area of craft is 65 stitches wide x 96 stitches high.