Throw a garden party to remember with these bountiful tips from our expert.
Follow these suggestions from Christine Panzarella (an avid gardener, crafter and cook), and watch your garden party blossom!
Garden Party Ideas: Invitations
- Mount a snapshot of your garden on the front of a note card, and write party specifics on the back.
Garden Party Ideas: Table Centerpieces
- Set out mason jars of varied sizes, tie raffia bows around their rims and fill with water and fresh flowers.
- Place tea light votive candles in mini terra-cotta pots.
- Turn a flowerpot upside down and glue its matching saucer to the bottom of the pot to make a pedestal serving plate.
Garden Party Ideas: Decorative Accents
- Scatter artificial butterflies, bumblebees and birds around the house—inside
- and out.
- Bring in a freestanding arbor or trellis decorated with flowers, vines or silk garlands.
- Fill a wheelbarrow with ice to chill beverages—or use it as a gift table.
- Stuff potpourri into the fingers of a garden glove, and glue a dried floral spray inside the cuff for a sweet-smelling sachet.
Garden Party Ideas: Favors
- Affix silk flowers and bee accents to lapel pins to make colorful brooches for guests.
Click here for more of Christine’s garden party pointers and spring-fresh recipes.