1. Eligibility: This Contest is open to legal U.S. residents residing in one of the 50 United States or District of Columbia and legal residents of Canada (excluding the Province of Québec) who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. This Contest is sponsored by RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC (“Sponsor”), the publisher of Country Woman. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiary companies, judging agents and promotion partners, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to participate. Contest is void where prohibited by law or otherwise regulated.
2. How To Enter: Contest begins at 12:00 pm Central Time on September 4, 2018 and ends on December 3, 2018 (the “Deadline Date”). All entries must be submitted by 11:59 pm Central Time on the Deadline Date. To enter visit http://www.countrywomanmagazine.com/womanoftheyear and follow the instructions.
All entries must include your full name, address, city, state/province, zip/postal code, telephone number and email address (if you have one). Entries submitted in geographic areas in which the entry is not permissible will be disqualified. If entries do not contain all necessary information, entrant will be disqualified. Please be certain to follow all directions. Sponsor is the official timekeeper for this Contest. In the event the Contest is entered via a mobile device, Message and Data charges may apply.
3. Each entrant is required to nominate a woman (age 18 or older) as the “Country Woman of the Year” and submit a story of at least 500 words explaining why the nominee inspires the entrant and how she embodies the country spirit. Entries must include nominee’s name, address, city and state/province, zip/postal code, as well as stating if she lives in the country, suburbs or city. Entrants will also need to include a photo of the nominee in action, enjoying the country or doing what makes her inspirational. Entrants will also need to include a photo of themselves. Send 6 photos with your entry. Digital photos should be at least 1200×1800 pixels, or about 1 MB in size. You can nominate as many women as you like; however, each nomination must be on a separate entry form. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
Each submission must be the original work of the entrant and not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other rights of any person or entity. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By submitting an entry for this Contest, you grant Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and licensees all right, title and interest in the submitted entry which includes the right to publish your submission and any other information provided worldwide in all print and electronic media (now or hereafter existing) without time limitation, and the right to include your name and hometown (e.g., city and state) in connection therewith. Sponsor reserves the right to crop, edit, modify, translate, reproduce and distribute the submitted material in any medium and in any manner as it deems appropriate. Sponsor may contact you via phone or email regarding your submission. Sponsor may request additional photos and information for any entry; if the entrant does not respond to Sponsor’s contact within 7 days, or does not furnish Sponsor with additional photos and information within 10 days of Sponsor’s request, entry may be disqualified.
All photographs must be the original work of the entrant, or must have the photographer’s written permission authorizing contest entry. Written permission of the photographer must accompany submitted photographs at the time of entry into the contest. Photographs must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
4. Judging: All entries must meet the Contest requirements. A panel of Country Woman staff members will review and select one grand prize winner based on the following criteria:
- Personal Story and Profile: 75%
What makes the nominee special? Is there a heartwarming back story? Does the story provide insight into her country lifestyle? Will it inspire other readers?
- Photos and Visual Appeal: 25%
Do the photos provide a strong, clear image of the nominee in action? Do they meet our photo requirements?
In the event of a tie, the highest score in the Personal Story and Profile criterion will break the tie.
5. Winners and Prizes: One Grand Prize winner will be chosen. A $250.00 cash prize will be awarded to both the nominee and the entrant for the winning entry. The nominated winner may be featured in an issue of Country Woman magazine. Sponsor, its affiliates and licensees have the right to publish winners’ names, likenesses, submissions and stories in publications of Sponsor, its affiliates and licensees, and in related advertising and publicity materials. Each prize is not transferable and cannot be substituted or assigned by the winner, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value in the event that the stated prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsor. All taxes, if any, are the winners’ responsibility. Sponsor will not be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of the winners’ acceptance or use of the prize(s). All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded, assuming a sufficient number of qualifying entries is received and meet the minimum judging criteria. The total approximate retail value of all prizes in this Contest is $500.00.
6. Selection of Winners: Winners will be determined and notified on or about January 7, 2019 by regular mail and/or email. Both winners may be required to execute a Statement of Eligibility, Publicity Release and Payment Authorization within 30 days of prize notification attempt or be disqualified and prize may be awarded to alternate winners. In the event any winner is a minor in his or her place of residence, all required documentation must be signed by parent or legal guardian. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and alternate winners may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies and licensees (if any) to use each winner’s name, hometown (e.g., city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, unless prohibited by law.
In the event that two similar entries are received, only the entry judged to best meet criteria as set by Sponsor will be included in the final judging. Entrants agree to indemnify Sponsor, its affiliated and subsidiary companies from and against any and all claims and liabilities arising out of or in connection with this Contest. In the event of any dispute regarding the identity of an entrant who submitted an online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used for the entry at the time of entry will be deemed the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the operation of the website or the entry process.
8. No Recourse to Judicial or Other Procedures/Severability: To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. In the event that a court of competent jurisdiction finds the foregoing waiver unenforceable, entrants hereby consent to the jurisdiction and venue residing exclusively within the federal or state courts sitting in Milwaukee County in the State of Wisconsin and agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrants agree that these Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin, without reference to principles of conflicts of law. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
9. Anticipated Number of Entrants: The total number of contestants anticipated for US and Canada is 1,000.
10. Winners’ List/Consumer Information: If you do not want to receive future sweepstakes or skill contest postal mailings from Sponsor, specify your request and write to: Country Woman of the Year 2019 Contest (#066) Mailing List, PO Box 3125, Harlan, Iowa 51593-0191. To receive a list of winners, write to Country Woman of the Year 2019 Contest (#066) Winner List, P.O. Box 50005, Prescott, Arizona 86301-5005. Winners’ list request must be received within one year of the Deadline Date.